How to create an instance on SIA
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
To communicate with your cloud, machine, sensor, building among many other thing you will need to add an virtualization of it known as an instance. Every instance uses a Connector to relay its communication as they come with many different communication interfaces.
Examples of an instance could be a connection and virtualization of an Industrial PLC, Cloud or database.
To add an instance:
- In the SIA portal go to Instances
- In upper left corner click the button Add instance. A dialogue will open.
- Select the Connector in the dropdown to be used for communicate with the instance.
- Fill in the parameters for the instance.
- Instance parameters are described in Instance parameters
- Press Save instance