How to create an instance on SIA
- Technical information & installation
- Web UI
- Scripting & Variables
- Tutorials & Guides
To communicate with your cloud, machine, sensor, building among many other thing you will need to add an virtualization of it known as an instance. Every instance uses a Connector to relay its communication as they come with many different communication interfaces.
Examples of an instance could be a connection and virtualization of an Industrial PLC, Cloud or database.
To add an instance:
- In the SIA portal go to Instances
- In upper left corner click the button Add instance. A dialogue will open.
- Select the Connector in the dropdown to be used for communicate with the instance.
- Fill in the parameters for the instance.
- Instance parameters are described in Instance parameters
- Press Save instance