How to add an Item to an Instance
- Technical information & installation
- Web UI
- Scripting & Variables
- Tutorials & Guides
To read data from your instance or to publish data to your instance items needs to be added. An item can be though of as a variable containing values and data coming from a device or sensor. A item can also be a tunnel to a database or cloud from where you can push and receive queries through.
To add an item:
- In the SIA portal go to the Instance where you want to add an item.
- In the instance overview scroll down to the items table. Click the button New item. A dialogue will open.
- Fill in the parameters for the item.
- Item parameters are described in Item parameters
- Press Save item