Keyence KV - Troubleshooting
Troubleshooting of Keyence KV instances and items
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
This article will describe some of the most common faults encountered when trying to connect to Keyence KV PLCs. All the various error messages are explained here.
Both instance and items can have errors. The following sections describes the error and how to solve them.
The instance errors are related to the connectivity status of the connector to the PLC. These errors are shown in SIA's web interface.
|Invalid address||The IP address is in the wrong format||- Check the IP address format.|
|Invalid port||The TCP/IP port is in the wrong format||- Check the TCP/IP port format.|
|Not connected to PLC
||The TCP/IP connection was not established.||- Check the IP address and the port to be as in the PLC settings. - - Ensure that SIA is in the same sub net as the PLC.
- If the error persists contact your SIA supplier for further information.
The item error are related to the validity of the memory areas addressing on the target PLC.
|Not sent: Data item parameters invalid
||No message was sent to the PLC since there are errors in the item parameters.
||- Check Memory Address if it is a valid PLC memory area.* **
- Check Data Type to be BIT if a dot notation is used.
- Check the type, bit or word, of the memory area.* **
- Insure that, in case of a Bit memory type, a dot notation is NOT used.
- Check is the specified memory address is available for the PLC model by referring to the manufacturer's documentation.
|Data type not boolean||A data item value is set with the type BIT and the value is neither 1 or 0.e
||- Correct item value.
- Check if the bit number is in range of 0 to 15
|Data type not valid||A data item value is set with the a type and the format for that type is wrong.||
- Correct item value.
|Value out of range||A data item value is outside of the valid ranges for the data type.||- Correct item value.
- For valid ranges refer to Keyence Item and Instance Setup the Data Item section.
|Bit number invalid||Accessing a bit from a word area using the dot notation, e.g. W45.61 and the bit number (the number after the dot) is out of range: 0 to 15.||- Correct bit value.|
|No data provided||Writing a data item with no value.
||- Add a value to be written.|
The memory address in this example, MR0, is of the type bit.
* For more information on the memory area letter code, range of the accessible points and the type refer to the documentation provided by the PLC's manufacturer.
** In some of the manuals provided by Keyence, the memory areas are referred to as devices.