Prepare PLC in TIA portal for external communication
How to configure Siemens S7 PLCs in TIA portal to communicate with SIA
- Technical information & installation
- Web UI
- Scripting & Variables
- Tutorials & Guides
In order for SIA to communicate with a Siemens S7 PLC you will need to grant it access to read and write from it.
This is done by enabling PUT/GET communication in the PLC. You will also have to grant access for read and/or write to the PLC depending.
To do this follow these steps:
- Open the TIA project or go online on the PLC
- Find the desired PLC in the TIA project. Click on its network properties
- Go to Properties ➡ Protection
- In the Protection view, select Full access if you need to both read and write to the PLC.
- In the Connection mechanism section mark the Permit access with PUT/GET communication from remote partner in order to allows SIA to R/W using PUT/GET commands.